Continuing Education Seminars
In the spring of each year, Court Reporting Services hosts continuing seminars across the state of Illinois. We are a licensed provider of Shorthand Reporter Continuing Education in the State of Illinois through the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, so our seminars are open to our employees, freelancers, students and the general public. There is a $100 seminar registration fee which is waived for employees working for the Illinois Courts.
Click here for a copy of our CE Sponsor license issued by the State of Illinois.
Court Reporting Services is continuing to plan webinar sessions for continuing education. You may attend the webinar live if it works with your schedule, or we will record most webinars which can be viewed later. Employees will then submit for a continuing education certificate through the WebHR system under the Forms menu.
After attending a live webinar, you will be emailed a certificate for Illinois continuing education hours. NCRA members may use the certificate to apply for CEUs as these sessions have not been pre-approved by NCRA so we are unable to submit on your behalf. You may want to wait until you have multiple sessions done prior to submitting for credit. Employees will be reimbursed for NCRA submissions if you forward the paid receipt to the CRS office. To learn more about submitting for NCRA credit, please click here.
Tips for attending a webinar:
1. You can log-in using a computer, tablet or phone as long as you have an internet connection. Please do not log into the event more than 5 minutes prior to the start time to allow presenters time to get properly set up.
2. Use your first and last name when you log in so we have a record of who attended. You may not be issued proper credit if we cannot identify you.
3. IMPORTANT: make sure your microphone is muted so there's not static and background noise.
4. You will be able to (and are encouraged to) use the "chat" function to ask questions anytime during the session. The moderator will share them with the presenter.
5. You do not have to have your webcam turned on, but we don't mind if you do.
6. We will email any additional information or handouts you need prior to the session, so you must register to get the webinar link and materials.
7. Be prepared at the start time by downloading materials from the link in the confirmation email and logging in a few minutes prior to the start time if you have not attended a GoToMeeting session before.