Court Reporting Services is planning two in-person conferences and one online webinar event (Zoom) for continuing education in 2023. You may attend the webinar live on Friday, May 5, 2023, if it works better with your schedule, or we will record most webinars (except SERS) which can be viewed later. If you are unable to attend a specific session in person and want to register for Zoom to complete it, that is allowed.
Note: You will not be given additional CE credit if you attend a session more than once.
Approximately one week before the event, CRS will email session links to the email you registered with.
After attending a live webinar, you will be emailed a certificate for Illinois continuing education hours. After the event, Court Reporting Services will forward attendance hours to NCRA if you provided an NCRA number.
Employees watching the video playbacks of the sessions do not need to register. Not all sessions will be recorded. We will let you know when the recorded sessions are available for viewing, but it may be several weeks after the live webinar. We will also instruct you on how to request a continuing education certificate at that time. For video playbacks, it is the responsibility of the employee to submit their certificate to NCRA and pay the fee. Reimbursements for NCRA fees are no longer given for video playbacks.
Tips for attending a webinar:
1. You can log in using a computer, tablet, or phone as long as you have an internet connection. Please do not log into the event more than 5 minutes prior to the start time to allow presenters time to get properly set up.
2. In order to get credit for your attendance, you MUST use your first and last name when you log in so we have a record of who attended. You will not be issued proper credit if we cannot identify you.
3. IMPORTANT: make sure your microphone is muted so there's no static and background noise.
4. You will be able to (and are encouraged to) use the "chat" function to ask questions anytime during the session. The moderator will share them with the presenter.
5. You do not have to have your webcam turned on.
6. We will email session links and any handouts you need prior to the session, so you must register to get the webinar link and materials.
7. Be prepared at the start time by downloading materials from the link in the confirmation email and logging in a few minutes prior to the start time to make sure you aren't having any technical difficulties. If you are late, we may not be able to provide full seminar day credit.